Hi,

We are trying out GeoCoding option supported by
MapInfo.  We fully understand that it geocodes a
non-spatial table with reference to a spatial table
and create points on the centroid of the polyline or
line.  But the example tables
given by MapInfo  is having columns like "FromLeft,
ToLeft, FromRight, ToRight and Street Name" in it. The
geocoding done on these tables is not creating the
points on the centroid of the polyline or line, but it
create points with some offset. We are unable to
understand why the points are not created on the
centroid of the polyline/line? and what is the meaning
of "FromLeft, ToLeft, FromRight, ToRight" columns and
what role it plays during the geocoding.

Pls some one highlight the geocoding methodology of
MapInfo with example.

Regards
GGN

=====