From: Andrea Perego [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 1999 2:00 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: MI Boundary Select

Have you ever tried to do something that you know is simple, basic,
trivial, but the dang thing just won't work?

I am trying to do a Boundary Select.  I have a workspace with many tables
but for now I am just interested in two.

Layer A has points.
Layer B has polygons.

I am trying to pick the points in Layer A that lie within the polygons of
Layer B.  I know this is absolutely simple, but every time I try, there are
no points selected.  I can see in my map that there are points that lie
within these regions.

I have tried moving layers A and B up to the first and second positions
from the top in the Map Layer Window, but this has not helped.

I make Layer A selectable.
I choose the Boundary Select Tool.
I click within the region of interest in the Map Window.

Nothing.

I have tried moving the layers around and different combinations of
selectable layers.

Nothing.

Does anyone know Step by Step instructions for completing this task?  I
have the MapInfo book open beside me and I think I am doing everything as
directed (page 120), but it is just not happening.

Has anyone else ever run into this same problem?

I am completely stumped.  Any input would be of help, I'm sure.

Thanks all.

Cheers,

Andrea