Hi all!

I am refining a MapBasic 4.1 application to run on MapInfo 4.1 and above.

I am interested in having my application notify the user of exactly which of
their session queries and selections will be saved in their workspaces.  They
can then be prompted to save those queries which would otherwise disappear.
Obviously for version 4.1 users, the answer is NONE.  Problem solved.

However as I have delved deeper into versions 4.5 and 5.5, I find that it gets a
bit trickier.
A)  If a user filters data from a base table using the SQL select menu, the
resulting "QueryN" query is saved in the workspace
B)  If a user uses the select tool to pick data from a map or browser (base
tables) and then either views the results (New Browser > Selection) or maps the
results (Add Map Layer > Selection) then the resulting "QueryN" table is NOT
saved to the workspace.

I have no problem with this, except that I cannot get my application to DETECT
how each of the "QueryN" queries / selections was created.  TableInfo() doesn't
distinguish between different query "tables" as far as I can see - and I have
looked pretty hard!  As a bit of a desperate measure I thought of trying to
parse the WindowInfo(<winid>, WIN_INFO_WORKSPACE) statement to see if that
indicates whether a query will be saved, but NONE of the query windows return a
result using this technique.

Has anybody else encountered this problem and come up with a workable solution?
All contributions gratefully received.

David.