Dear list

I would like to know, if there is a workspace-fix and that we had the same
troubles using the buffer tool as Mats Elfstrom reported.

We just experienced that if we open a workspace in MI4.5, which was saved as
workspace in MI5.5 we cannot open it.

Therefore we open that workspace in a text editor, so that we can change the
heather-line:

*       !version 450 instead of 550
*       !charset WindowsLatin1

As a result all the saved tables which appeared correctly on the screen in
MI 5.5 are gone in MI 4.5.

Did everyone else experienced the same kind of trouble using two different
versions of MapInfo?
Or which functions changed in MI 5.5 that cause those troubles?

By the way I've read the mails of Mats Elfstrom and Steve Wallace concerning
that the buffer does not work correctly in MI 5.5 as a windows solution.

Yesterday we used the buffer tool and were surprised that in the windows
version the buffers look like eggs. So that we took that table to the good
old Mac and were very much surprised that MI 4.0 for  Mac shows the buffers
correctly as circles.

Best regards

Christian Cattaneo