-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Patrick van der Deijl
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 5:13 AM
To: 'MAPINFO-L'
Subject: MI: Import excel

Hello all,

I've a excel table which loses its last character in a characterfield
when imported in MI 5.0
No matter if the placename is short or long, the last character is
lost.
However, in MI 4.5 and 5.5 this problem does not occur.

Who has experienced this strange phenomenon before and, better, has a
solution. Of course you can export excel into dbase but this kind of
detours are not a solution. And why does it works fine in MI 4.5 and
5.5?

Thanks,

Patrick van der Deijl

--