From: Stephen Sloan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 11:27 AM
To: Bill Thoen; Dan Munson
Cc: MapInfo-L (E-Mail)
Subject: Re: MI MapInfo Stock - On fire

A stock split by itself would be unlikely to produce more than a temporary
increase in a stock's price. A more likely explanation is the strong
earnings growth for Mapinfo Corp.

"November 9, 1999 04:59 AM
TROY, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 9, 1999--MapInfo Corporation MAPS today
announced record financial results for the three months and fiscal year
ended September 30, 1999. Revenues for the fourth quarter of fiscal 1999
increased 24% to $21,171,000 from $17,110,000 reported last year. Operating
income grew 42% to $2,282,000 from $1,611,000 and the operating margin
reached 10.8% compared to 9.4% last year. Net income for the fourth quarter
was $1,715,000, or $0.28 per share, compared to $1,282,000, or $0.22 per
share, in the prior year period. "

More at
http://moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/webquote.dll?iPage=news&Symbol=MAPS&ARTI
CLEID=BW,1999/11/09,BW1005