I have 2 Dell dimension XPS300 system sitting side by side and have
mapinfo 4.5 loaded on both.

Until yesterday one system would open a workspace in about 1 second.
The other would load the same workspace in about 13 seconds.  MapInfo
was installed into the default path (c:\program
files\mapinfo\professional) on both systems.

I had to uninstall mapinfo from both systems in order to re-install the
program in the path C:\MAPINFO in order to install and upgrade to SGIS,
an AG CHEM product.

Now both systems require about 13 seconds to load the same workspace.

HELP
Clinton Pettiet
Pettiet Agricultural Services, Inc.