Thank you all for your invaluable help,

Below is the extract of code which achieves the solution to my problem.

My original question was:

I would like to know how to delete a text object from a layout if it has a
certain value.

Text = "Akolele"
LayoutTab = WindowInfo(FrontWindow(), Win_info_table)

Select * from LayoutTab where Str$(Obj) = "Text"
Select * From Selection Where Str$(ObjectInfo(obj,OBJ_INFO_TEXTSTRING))=
Text
If SelectionInfo(SEL_INFO_NROWS) Then
Delete From Selection
End if

Text is a String Variable
LayoutTab is also a String and contains the name of the underlying table
used for the Layout.

Your help has been great and I thank you again.

Scott