Hi Alex

Yes, such a thing exists.

Our team at Spatial Technology AB here in Sweden have developed such tool
and we have numerous enterprise customers who use it.

The tool is called "SpatialWare Link for AutoCad" and is provided in two
versions. The first one is read only and the second one is a full read/write
version.

"SpatialWare Link for AutoCAD!

A complete GUI for AutoCAD rev 14 to manage large scaled
SpatialWare databases. Designed to ease the use of
accessing, retrieving, and analyzing spatial information in a
production environment with AutoCAD and SpatialWare.

The SpatialWare Link for AutoCAD includes a complete set of tools to
enhance standard AutoCAD into a true spatial client of SpatialWare.
The commands are added as a toolbar into the standard GUI of
AutoCAD. The power of these commands turns standard AutoCAD
into a true desktop GIS with mechanisms for attribute management,
select and upload commands for any SpatialWare database and a full
GUI for data management and user customization."

You can find more info at our site.

www.spatialtech.se
Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +46-31-70 70 500