You could state in your current startup.wor (i.e. in your Winnt/Windows or
Mapinfo directory) to run another workspace e.g.:-

!workspace
!version 200

Run Application "c:\mapinfo\Vm2\VM2.mbx"
Run Application "h:\NetworkDir\MyStartup.wor"

There probably is a registry entry you could edit but this is the best bet

Tim Chinchen (GIS Systems Developer)
I.T. Services Bournemouth Borough Council