hello!

I have not used MapBasic before and I am now planning to use it to customize
MapInfo so that it will be easier to use for a "third person"  I want to
make a programinterface with only the nessesary functions available for his
use.

Questions: Is there any applications to use so that I don't need to use
MapBasic?
How much does MapBasic cost and is there any good manuals for a non-expert
programmer?
thank you very much!

Haavard