Hello List,

Can any body explain to me what is datum, and where can i change it in
MapInfo. As i undestand datum transformatin needed only when i want to
jump from one ellipsoid to another. Is it right?

I've found some information about datum i need (Pulkovo 1942) in
LocalCoordSysDefs.fme file (Bursa transformation as i understood), but shifts there
are slightly different
from these that i got from another source, i know that datums are
being changing with time, but where can i get recent information.

I have following problem. I get some data that was made with some
datum (is there any need to include one when creating a layer), so
after importing it into Mapinfo i have certain coords
shift. What can i do?
Is there any understandable source of imformation about datums?

--
Best regards,
 Sim D.