I'd like to include an existing VB application into my MapBasic application
- mainly because I find it somewhat cumbersome to design forms etc in MB.

What would be the best way to include the VB app and enable dataexchange
from VB to MB? And what would be the syntax for that, eg if I used DDE can I
initiate the data request through the DDEInitiate command with Visual Basic
and MyVPapp.EXE as topic/ statement. Would the VB application have to be set
up as a server/ client?

Could all that be done through OLE.

Thanks for your efforts and please copy reply to  my e-mail.

Harald Schölzel
Economist Civil Engineer
c/o SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Private Mail Bag
Suva, Fiji
Tel: Business (679) 381 377 private (679) 386 236
Fax: (679) 370 040
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mirror URL: http://www.sidsnet.org/pacific/sopac/wru