We are a small Local Govt Authority in Australia with only approx 15,000
properties when we created our GIS and linked our parcels we had an
approx 85% match. We used a tool from ERSIS Australia to match most of
our properties and got to about 95% in about 4 months however the last
5% needed searching at our Land Titles office and was very time
consuming and expensive taking approx 8 months (a person working 3 days
a week).

You will need to run the data both ways eg whatsin the rating/property
system thats not in the GIS and whats in parcels are in the GIS and not
in the rating/property system.

We have approx 8 props in GIS that are not rated yet because basically
there a are problems with the land at our land titles and need intense
investigation.

I know other large councils in Australia have under taken this task and
its taken over 2 years and still going.

Good luck but be aware its a time consuming process.

cheers
Steve