> I know it must be easy, but so far I haven't figured out how to link the
> tabular data base with the points on the aerial photo.

make a window with the map and a window with the table.
make it so you can see all of both of the windows at the same time, because
you won't want to switch back and forth.
click on the symbol tool

click on the table to select the record you want to add to the map
hold down the control (ctrl) key on the keyboard
click on the map where the record is to be placed.

if you keep the control key down, you can just go back and forth between the
two windows and add your points to the map one after the other.

bob rogers
john wall and associates