Greetings,
Thanks to help from this list, I was able to tackle the Alias variable and
use it in calling routines for multiple tables.  Here's a bit of a twist.
I'd like to do the same thing with the Map and Create Table commands.. For
example, instead of:

        Map From Grid Table1, Table2, ..., TableN
        and
        Create Table table_name(Var1 Type1, Var2 Type2, ..., VarN TypeN)

I'd like to do something like this:

        strTable_List = ""
        For i = 1 To N
                strTable_List = strTable_List +  ", " + table_name_array(i)
        Next i

and then use this string to open tables using the Map command.  Then use a
similar set-up to create tables.  The situation I have is a variable number
of tables to open and generally one column is needed in the created table
for each opened table.  It seems I *should* be able to do something like
this, but these commands won't take alias variables (as far as I can tell,
anyway).
Thanks!
Steve Riese