Hi John,

According to the agreement with Mapinfo, I do not think we are allowed to discuss
about beta version outside of Mapinfo's web site.
Please visit the address below and register your name.
There is a discussion board there.

http://testdrive.mapinfo.com/mipro_60beta

Regards,
          Hiko

John Maguire wrote:

> While Test driving the Beta version of MapInfo 6.
>  I have had problems overwriting existing workspaces which reside on a server
> using Windows NT.
> This problem has been experienced in version 5.5 and doesnt appear to have been
> rectified in Version 6 Beta.
> The error message is "Unable to save workspace".
>  The only way to get around the problem is to save the .wor as a different name
> or delete the existing .wor and reuse tht file number again.
> Our in house  IT people have exhausted all possibilities associated with Windows
> NT.
>
>    Is there a time out issue with MapInfo across a network when saving
>    workspaces?
>    Can it be manually reset ?
>    Has this problem been experienced by other users?
>
> Any solution to  this very frustrating problem would be appreciated.
>
> Many thanks
>
> John Maguire
>
> The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the
> person(s) to whom it is addressed and may be confidential or contain
> privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
> notified that any perusal, use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
> prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately
> advise us by return email and delete the email without making a copy.

Kazuhiko Yamashita
Division of Marine Engineering, Kokusai Kogyo co. ltd
3-6-3 Hakataeki-higashi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0013 Japan
Phone: +81-92-431-7277 FAX: +81-92-431-7275