If anyone has any 3 of the following, and you're in the Southern California
area, please call me.
Especially Linux, Apache, Oracle.

"....In order to successfully develop a web-mapping project you need
someone that
has expertise in web standards (HTML / DHTML / CSS / Javascript / XML /
HTTP
/ VBScript), Server environments / programming (NTServer (IIS), ASP, LINUX,
APACHE ), Databases (SQL, ORACLE, SQL Server, MSACCESS etc.) as well as
server-side mapping software (MapXSite, MapXTreme)..."

Janet Chung
Technical Recruiter
Rydek Computer Professionals
310-641-9800 ext. 41
310-641-9804, fax
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.rydek.com

                    "Dany Bouchard"

                    <dbx2@dbxgeomatics.        To:     "Doug Pease"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
                    com>                       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-mapinfo-l@lis        Subject:     Re: MI web based mapping??

                    ts.csn.net

                    03/30/00 10:04 AM

Here's why I think web-mapping is great:

* Very user-friendly
* All data resides on the server (Maps and database)
* All of the work is done on the server which returns information to
clients
through their browser
* No software is required on the client
* Universal access to information if required (anybody can access the
server)
* Data updates are easy since only a copy of the data needs to be changed
* Links to other sites or other organisations (or your own) can easily be
implemented

Now that the internet is becoming more and more interactive with standards
like XML, Java, Javascript and DHTML it is possible to build interactive
applications
very quickly. Unfortunately you cannot use MapInfo / MapBasic when it comes
to web mapping. You will have to use products such as MapXtreme or
MapXSite.
MapInfo and Mapbasic are still the best tools when it comes to have full
control over complex editing of MapInfo data, altough some of that can be
accomplished using web interfaces.

In order to successfully develop a web-mapping project you need someone
that
has expertise in web standards (HTML / DHTML / CSS / Javascript / XML /
HTTP
/ VBScript), Server environments / programming (NTServer (IIS), ASP, LINUX,
APACHE ), Databases (SQL, ORACLE, SQL Server, MSACCESS etc.) as well as
server-side mapping software (MapXSite, MapXTreme).

Good luck !

Regards,

Dany Bouchard
DBx Geomatics
38 de l'Orbite
Hull, Québec
Canada
J9A 3C7
Téléphone/Telephone: 819.743.3870
Télécopieur/Fax: 819.775.3264
Courrier électronique/Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Page Web/Web site: http://www.dbxgeomatics.com/home.asp