Hi

I'm trying to make the files in an application I'm writing secure. I've
passworded them in access but have found that once a file has been
opened, it can be viewed because the pasword has already been passed in
the application. So I'm now going about restricting access to the
directory containing my files. I'm doing this by replacing the Mapinfo
Table Open with my own version. I can successfully replace the Open
Table command using my own...

Alter Menu Item M_FILE_OPEN calling SecureOpen

...but using the following commands (from Menu.def), Mapinfo's Table
Open won't reinstate.

Alter Menu Item M_FILE_OPEN calling 102 'this doesn't work
Alter Menu Item M_FILE_OPEN calling M_FILE_OPEN '& neither does this

Any ideas

Thanks

Ian Allan

'*******************************************************************
 'Replace the OPEN TABLE on the file menu & restrict access to the MAPS
directory
Sub SecureOpen
'*******************************************************************
Dim sTableToOpen,sTableOpenPath As String
OnError Goto ExitSub

sTableToOpen= FileOpenDlg("","","","Open Table")
sTableOpenPath = PathToDirectory$(sTableToOpen)

If sTableOpenPath = gsSecurePath then
  Note "Error: This is a restricted table"
Else
  Open Table sTableToOpen
End If

ExitSub: