I am having some trouble with custom symbols under MapInfo 5.0.
The setup is MapInfo Pro 5.0 Server Installation and then client
installs on machines that will will be using MapInfo Pro.  The
application directory is G:\MapInfo\ where G: is a mapped network drive
on an uncompressed NTFS partition.  I have tried to load the Custom
Symbols with the following command:

reload custom symbols from "g:\mapinfo\custsymb"

but I get the error :

Cannot access file CUSTSYMB for reading.
Please be sure that this file is not open in
another application.

Retry     Cancel

The sub directory exists, it is where my Custom Symbols are, and the
symbols that reside there all conform to the size and colour depth rules
(256 colour bitmap under 128k for the 32 bit version).  The strange part
is that they appeared there yesterday but now they will not load.  In
fact, when you open the Custom Symbols font it only has the N which
means that none of the symbols, including the MapInfo standard ones, are
available.

Have I exhausted all avenues of investigation yet ?

--
Bradley Browne
Support Manager

1st Floor 646 Newcastle St
Leederville, WA 6007
Ph: +61 8 9328 2715 Fax: +61 8 9328 2716
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mapsys.com.au/