Hi David,

Concerning the problem with checking whether a point is within a region:

You can use the geographical operators without SQL. That is you might
ask if one object is within/intersects/contains another:

**********
Dim  oPoint, oRegion As Object

oPoint = CreatePoint(..)
Create Region Into Variable oRegion

'**Now check whether the region contains the point:
If oRegion contains oPoint Then
     '**point is within region
Else
     '**Point is NOT within region
End If
**********
And in this way you are able of checking a lot of thing on your objects
without
having to save them to a table first and then use SQL.

And I do agree with you there seems to be a bug somewhere in MapBasic
concerning
the Error handling. I have also created a lot of object creating programs -
and of course
as a good programmer - added error handling to these function, because a
lot of things
might not go the way they were expected to do. Often my problem is that I
erase one object
with another. Somtimes the result is a not existing object and when I try
to nsert this object
into a table an error occures that is not handled proberly by the error
handling in my program.

Best regards,

Peter
*
Peter Moller        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GIS-Developer       Direct: +45 6313 5008
Kampsax Geoplan     Voice: +45 6313 5013
Rugårdsvej 55       Faximile: +45 6313 5090
DK 5000 Odense C    Web: www.mapinfo.dk
MapInfo Authorized Partner