Gidday,

Total amateur requires advice with forest mapping application.

I have property boundaries well located into a table from a topographical map and now need to map the corresponding plantation region from an aerial photograph. When I register the digitised aerial image, some error in relation to the location of the boundaries from the topo occurs; which I assume is related to radial displacement in the contact image.

Can I force the aerial image to match the topo boundaries by modifying the control points for the raster, without introducing significant additional error via the altered relative positions of the control points? Or should I accept the discrepancy and attempt to sketch the area by hand (as opposed to tracing - if the aerial image sat properly!)?

Constructive comments will be most appreciated.

Regards

Brett Ross-Wilson
042 9996738

[EMAIL PROTECTED]