From: Martin Roundill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 April 2000 06:35
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: MI Copying Boundary Lines.

Hi Myles

I find the easiest way to do this is in fact not to digitise it.  Instead
digitise a polygon that goes inside the original polygon, set the target to
the new polygon, select the existing polygon(s) and use these to erase the
overlap.

The result is that the new polygon exactly agrees with the existing
polygons.
(Either that or you get the dreaded "error overlaying objects" message which
indicates that the original data isn't as clean as you thought)

simply and stacks quicker than digitising all the little bits.

Cheers

Martin
Martin Roundill
GIS Manager