Laurent SCHNELL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello members,
>
> I've got two questions for your knowledge :
>
> - Is Vertical Mapper able to create some 3-D objects
> (with x;y;z1;z2 coordonates) or does it only make some 3-D
> surfaces
>
> - If someone knows the BD TOPO edited by IGN (France).
> Does this Data Base generate a three-dimensionnal
> representation with Mapinfo?
>
> Thank for your replies
>
> Laurent SCHNELL

Laurent,

It is possible to create something like 3-D visible towers in Vertical Mapper
as individual objects.  This works best when used with the following points:

x1,y1,z1; x2,y1,z1; x1,y2,z1; x1,y1,z2 (where x1, x2, y1 and y2 are very close
together)

Use TIN interpolation and set your maximum triangle side length to an
appropriately small size.  With this, you may create tall, individual
tetrahedrons (pyramids with triangular bases).

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask me.

Jo

             Jo Jordon Consulting
 Watch for the launch of our new Web Site at:
             www.TerrAnalysis.com

Jo Jordon Consulting
MapInfo Certified Instruction
Vertical Mapper Certified Instruction