We have had a link written in MapBasic between MI and a third party product.
It uses the Windows DDE.

Unfortunately it causes the MI cursor to change from the "Normal Pointer" to
the "Move object cross hairs".

This has led to accidental movement of map objects.

We have isolated the cause to the SelChangedHandler.

> I can cause this behaviour with about 3 lines of MapBasic
>
> See attached
>
> Run this when you have a map in editable mode
>
> The problem is that any event that causes the event handler
> "SelChangedHandler"
> to wait more than about .1 seconds shifts MapInfo into Move mode.  I don't
> think
> this is nice behaviour.  It has nothing to do with how long the mouse is
> held.
>

>  <<TestSelect.MB>>  <<TestSelect.MBX>>

Does anybody out there have a work around?

Ta Guy

TestSelect.MB

TestSelect.MBX