From: Hyde, Graham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2000 3:49 AM
To: Mapinfo-l
Subject: MI : Factoring overlapping polygons

Dear List,

I have a requirement to create a lookup table between two different polygon
layers.  The layers have non coincidental boundaries and I wish to create a
table in the format:

Polygon 1       Polygon a       10%
        Polygon 1       Polygon b       80%
        Polygon 1       Polygon c       10%

In other words to factor the overlap and assign correct values to each
portion of the overlapped polygon.  In the above case, polygon 1 overlaps
three other polygons.

Can any one help with a MapBasic routine or  suggestion?

Regards,

Graham Hyde
Map Analyst
Polk Ltd