Try this,

Add a column called LAT and one called LONG to your table under
table>maintenance>table structure (set them to type of float).  Update the
LAT column with Centroid(y), and the LONG column with centroid(x).  Export a
copy of that table as delimited text.  Open the text file, and create points
using LAT and LONG, and voila, you have a point layer of the centroids of
those polygons complete with the table of attributes.

Will Mitchell
GIS Manager
The Environmental Company, Inc.
2496 Old Ivy Rd