List,

In MapBasic I am trying to copy a .dbf file (it is a Goldmine file) from one
directory to another, yet it seems something is locking this operation out,
producing an error in the code:

    FirstFile="f:\programs\goldmine\pmg\contact1.dbf"
    Save File FirstFile as "C:\GMTest\loc_contact1.dbf"

I am able to manually copy these files from one place to the other using
Explorer. As far as I can tell no one is even using Goldmine at run time.
Any Ideas?  Is there any better way to copy files from within MapBasic?

The reason I am trying to do this is because MapInfo cannot open a .dbf
table if someone else is accessing it through Goldmine (kind of a pseudo
ODBC type of thing)....but I at least think I could copy the file to another
place even and then open it even if it is being used?  Has anyone else
tackled this problem?

Thanks in Advance

chris

Christopher DuBuc