Dear List

This is a general GIS question rather than MI specific.

Does anybody know where I can find a formula for measuring the distance
from one long, lat to another long, lat anywhere in the world?

I am not worried about the complexity of the formula. I am more
concerned about the accuracy of the answers obtainable from the formula.

ALSO:-

Does anybody have any experiences ( good or bad ) on the accuracy of the
answers from MapInfo Professional on distance measurement? Does anybody
know the method employed within MI Pro?

Thanks,

Bob Young
www.mapsbydesign.co.uk