Hi everyone ...

Well, with all these comparisons between ArcView and MapInfo, I suppose
my question will be rather tame in comparison.

I'm just starting a project with a mid-sized police department, and they
are currently in the planning stages of getting a new RMS, dbase, etc.
Happy to say, they are including mapping in this project as well.

Obviously here lies the question of ArcView or MapInfo?  They have
decided to go with Oracle, which would point to MapInfo (and they will
be going Internet within the next year or so, also making me lean
towards MapInfo);  other municipal agencies already use ArcView, and so
they had figured to just default to that.  I had figured that since
Oracle is partnered with MapInfo that this would be the best bet, but am
tossed in my decision.  I've followed the running debate, but alas,
still am not sure which would be the best way to go in the long run.

Any advice would be welcome ...

'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'
Bonita J. Soley, PhD
     Sr. Research Analyst