It's well known that Boston has the weirdest geography (South
Boston lies to the east, etc.), and that goes double for the lack
of signs or signs deliberately worded to fool any but the
beantown natives... there used to be a sign off the Southeast
Distressway for the exit that takes you to the North End; it
said: "No End". Right. Add that to the maniacal drivers who count
coup (notice how many cars are dented in Boston)whizzing past you
on a network of twisty, high speed roads rooted in 17th century
cow paths, and it's pretty easy to find yourself on your way over
the Mystic River bridge heading to Maine instead of the North End
with signs like that.

But scrod is pretty good; much better than it sounds. Much better
than the Rocky Mountain oysters we serve up here.

- Bill