De : PERRY Chris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Envoyé : mercredi 24 mai 2000 21:31
À : 'Mick'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : RE: MI The Empire versus the metric

Mick, here in Australia we often measure distance by stubbies. A stubbie is
a small bottle of beer (375 mL - about a third of a US quart).

eg. The number of stubbies it takes to get from Melbourne to Ballarat
(probably a 3 stubbie trip).

Longer trips are measured in "slabs" or "cartons". A slab/carton is made up
of 24 stubbies.
eg. Melbourne to Sydney is about a one slab trip.

PS. DOn't drink and drive (you might spill some). Get someone to drive for
you.

Cheers
Chris