Title: RE: MI Drive Time Program

<<Rumours of the demise of RouteView are greatly exaggerated....

RouteView and RouteView Pro are widely used add-ons to MapInfo Pro in many countries around the world.  There is also a development object called RouteX that can be used with any of the major GIS objects, including MapX.  The whole RouteView range is manufactured by Dataview Solutions in the UK - in fact we have a wide range of GIS solutions, but routing and drive time is a very important area for us.  MapCentric acts as the distributor of our product range to manage our partner channel around the world.

Dataview Solutions and the RouteView range of products are no longer listed on the MapInfo website as Dataview Solutions became an independent Solutions provider several years ago and therefore ceased to be part of the MapInfo Partner program.  RouteView and related products are still very popular and fully supported by Dataview and its partners around the world.

There is a fully working demo version of RouteView, RouteView Pro, RouteX and RouteXNetServer (the related internet routing engine) available for download from the MapCentric or Dataview websites (www.mapcentric.co.uk or www.dataview-solutions.co.uk).  There is an extensive list of RouteView users, ranging from courier companies like DHL and UPS, to map portal sites like www.multimap.com and OEMs like Claritas in Europe.

Functions in RouteView include:

- shortest/fastest path
- route optimisation
- drive time regions
- drive distance regions
- drive time matrices

All products in the RouteView range are completely data independent, so you can use data from any source as long as it is properly structured for routing (link and node).  We have sources of pre-processed data ready for use in RouteView for most major countries.  Let us know if you need any data assistance.

I trust this clarifies the fact that the RouteView range of products is definitely still a fully supported product line available to MapInfo (and other) users worldwide through our partner channel.

Geoff Kendall
Dataview Solutions Ltd
"Making Maps Work"
40-42 Parker Street
London WC2B 5PQ
ENGLAND

Tel:  +44 (0)20 7343 1405
Fax:  +44 (0)20 7404 0664
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

WEB:  www.dataview-solutions.co.uk

**HAVE A LOOK AT OUR NEW DATA CATALOGUE ONLINE**>>