Looks like a maintenance release to me - not something worth dishing out
half-price of a new license for a so-called "upgrade"

Milo

PERRY Chris wrote:

> Here's what's new from the MapInfo Website:
>
> Check out the new features and enhancements to MapInfo Professional v6.0!
>
> New Internet Support
> HotLinks, HTML Image Maps, MetaData Browser
>
> Exciting 3D Viewing
> Rotate, pan, zoom, query, drape and print
>
> Good News for Database Support
> Oracle 8.1.6, MS Access 2000, MS Access multi-user
>
> More Output Controls
> 24-bit color and control over color dithering method, transparency handling
> technique, page size and defaults
>
> Improved Object Processing
> Create convex hull and enclosed area polygons; use MS Windows support for
> clip regions
>
> Advancements in Geocoding
> Support user control of inset from ends of street and offset to side of
> street; interpolate along polygons correctly
>
> Enhanced Cartographic Legend
> Automatically aligns items across frames and supports generating item labels
> from joined table
>
> Better Projections
> Fixes for polyconic projection; support for Oblique Aspects of Azimuthal
> Equidistant projection; many new datums and ellipsoids
>
> New Raster File Formats
> ECW from ER Mapper.; VMGrid from Northwood Technologies.
>
> More Vector File Formats
> VPF, SDTS, and AutoCAD 2000; fix for "Survey Feet" problem when importing
>
> New and Improved Tools
> New Rotate Symbols and Labels tools; improved Scale Bar and Table Manager to
> support meta data
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris Perry
> Systems Development CoOrdinator
> Parks Victoria
> Melbourne, Australia
> Ph: 61 3 9816 6800
> Fax: 61 3 9816 9876
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

begin:vcard
n:Simonic;Milo
tel;cell:+27 (083) 325 3852
tel;fax:+27 (012) 998 6519
tel;work:+27 (012) 998 7631
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:hms.htmlplanet.com
org:Hydromedia Solutions (Pty) Ltd
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;850 Kollie St=0D=0APO Box 39027=0D=0AGarsfontein East;Pretoria;;0060;South Africa
fn:Simonic, Milo
end:vcard