Title: label expression dropping commas

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this one.

I am creating labels with an expression to show several fields of information.  When I label with one field the numbers are shown with a comma, such as 230,000.  When I create an expression   (field1+chr$(13)+field2), the numbers shown do not have the comma.  Some of the numbers are very large and a comma is desired.  I have tried changing the field type from Integer to Float and as a character without any luck.  I would rather not double-click on each label and add comma's to each one.

Thanks, any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Aaron Queheillalt
Visual/Mapping Analyst
The Sacramento Bee
916-321-1596