Dear Sir/Madam,

I'm a research student from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.  I've
encountered a problem in MapBasic about the font.  Would there be anyone
who can solve it for me?

Right now I'm using MapInfo 5.0 & MapBasic 5.0 to search some text (e.g.
street name) from the map and change the font size & color.  I used the
command "Makefont(0,20,red,-1)" to replace the original text.  It changed
the style, font color and background color for me but it couldn't change
the font size.  Since the color & style were changed, it showed that this
line of command was executed successfully.  But why it couldn't change the
font size?  No matter what size I set in the program source code, the font
size still kept the same as it was in the map.  Would there be any
constrains in the program or in the map or even in the workspace?

Best regards,
Angelina HO
The Hong Kong Polytechnic University