Natalie,
        From your first message, I would have replied with the answer MI 6.0
too. MapInfo 6.0 has an Image map creator tool that can take a layer like
your company locations and export them as an image map in an HTML file. You
have to choose a field it can use as a link to a web page to assign the
locations on the image map. This would be your companies' web page. It will
also export the image as a png or a jpeg. I've been using it in beta to
output a clickable service grid map where the link is a zoomed in map of the
area. I've found a limitation on the length of the html file name
assosicated with the link. It can only be 8 characters long.
        You may also want to look into MapXsite. It is a location-finding
tool specifically design to do what you want. Big companies like Blockbuster
and Walmart have used it to upload their locations. MapInfo serves the data
for you, all you need to do is give them a file with the data. Check the MI
web site. I haven't look into it in a while.
        Also everything you stated was correct about Mapinfo on the web
unless you have an old copy of MapInfo Proserver which did call Mapinfo
using OLEISAPI from a web page. I've tried'em all. If you need maps with
ever-changing data and live maps, you need Mapxtreme, else you can create a
Mapbasic batch output program to update your web page like I do now for data
that only changes every-so-often.

Hope that helps,
Dion Duran
GIS Systems Analyst