Hello,
I am using MapBasic 5.0 and MapInfo 5.5.

I have made an application that rotates all the text objects of a table.  To
do that, I use the Alter Object statement, like this:

Alter Object TxtObj Geography OBJ_GEO_TEXTANGLE, RotAngle

This works fine, except when the text angle is moved into or out of the
90-270 degrees sector.  In these cases, the text is correctly rotated, but
also moved in a quite unpredictable way.

How do I rotate a text object without moving its starting point?

I do not want to change the font(s).

I thought I could get the original coordinates using the ObjectGeography()
function before rotating, and then issue another Alter Object statement  [
something like this:   ALTER OBJECT TXTOBJ GEOGRAPHY OBJ_GEO_LINEBEGX, TXTX
]  to reset the coordinates, but I can't figure out the attributes.  The
"LINEBEGX" doesn't seem right, but none of the others do, either.

Do you have a hint, please...?  And soon...?

Jens Åge Nielsen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bloms Oppmåling AS, Bergen
Kanalveien 5               Tel.: +47 55596764
5059 Bergen, Norway             Fax:  +47 55596799
Website:  http://www.blom.no/