From: Tim Smith - Parks Dept [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2000 2:53 PM
To: MapInfo-L (E-mail)
Subject: MI Table Join?

Hello MI people!

I know this is a rather elementary query, but I'm a neophyte MI user
(and a
mere ecologist, at that!) and I can find no insight in the manuals or
on-line help.

I have data layer of about 650 open space parcels within our city.  The
table contains no fields denoting which neighborhood each parcel is in.
have another table outlining each of 18 neighborhoods.  That table
contains
just the neighborhood name and a code number.  I can easily combine the
two
layers in a map window and see which parcels are in which neighborhoods.
would like to create a new browser, joining the two tables.  The overall
goal is to export the table to EXCEL and be able to sort the parcels
based
by neighborhoods.  I have tried to join the tables using SQL
QUERY/"where
condition....", but there are no common fields to base the join on.  Is
there a way to select only the parcels that are occuring in a given
neighborhood?

Thanks in advance for any insight.