For those of you who haven't seen what's posted on the bottom of
every MapInfo-L mail message, or who didn't save the information
sheet that was sent to you when you signed up, or who didn't
bookmark the MapInfo-L Clearinghouse page, here's how you get
yourself off the list.

Send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and in the body of the message
put:

unsubscribe MapInfo-L

See additional info at the MapInfo-L Clearinghouse site:
http://www.directionsmag.com/mapinfo-l

You will get a note confirming your request and subscription
status. Once you do sign off you may still receive a few
messages, but it should stop in less than a day.

If you get a note saying that you are "...not a member of this
list..." then it probably means that the address you signed up
with is not the address you are currently using. In that case,
just add the address that you want unsubscribed one the
unsuubscribe line.

Example:
Suppose your address is now '[EMAIL PROTECTED]', but you were
signed up as [EMAIL PROTECTED] To get this address off
the list, send e-mail to majordomo and in the body of the message
put:

unsubscribe MapInfo-L [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This has to be approved manually, so give me a day to get to it.
As long as the real address resembles the address you want taken
off, I'll approve it automatically. If they aren't even close,
then I will send a note to the address being unsubscribed, and if
there's an affirmative or a no response, that address gets
removed.

Other problems, please contact me directly at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Bill Thoen