The county for which I work has initiated a project of implementing MDT and
AVL (Automated Vehicle Location) (primarily for 911/Public Safety and the
Transportation Authority) in Emergency vehicles and buses.  Obviously, the
goals are better routing procedures for STS and increased efficiencies in
dispatching emergency vehicles to an  incident.  Currently, the Real Estate
Department maintains all GIS data for the County- specific to this case- the
road network.

The primary attributes of the Road Network are:
        1. Name (currently county is going through Readdressing- so names
have been changing)
        2.  Positional Accuracy

I'm seeking input from any individual/ organization that has perhaps worked
on a project similar to the one I outlined above.  When developing the Road
Network, what information was necessary to collect?  Where any other tables
required?  Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Susan A. Smith
GIS Coordinator
Real Estate Department
County of Schuylkill