I need some input on a rather delicate problem. I am managing a large
database of Norway (4054 files) and want to check what kind of CoordSys each
of the tab files are saved as. The reason is that we need all the speed we
can get, and if we can minimize the number of transformations on the fly it
would hopefully gain some more.

I know how to get the coordsysinfo in mapinfo, but doing it manually it
would take too much time.

Is there a mapbasic-string that I can use to extract this information from
for instance an open file? I need to know the origin coordsys, not the
coordsys used in the current session/window.

Christian Malmquist
www.pocket-it.com