Hi Tigi

Access 2000 is supported by MapInfo 6, previous version we normally use Office 97.
Unfourtunately, I don't know about Office 95 (did you try opening it via ODBC?).

Access is in this issue a nightmare. If you switch to a certain Office version, it
forces you to switch the whole company (no down- or updward compatibility). Not only
that, all applications you wrote with a certain Access version have to be ported ...
(sometimes completely rewritten) one reason we did not switch to Office 2000 ... and
we are very careful offering Access development ... (such as "once you decide for a
version, stay with it forever" ...).

On 18.07.2000 at 11:57 tigi p.s wrote:

>Hi
>I'm having problem opening Access(.mdb) files. I have
>some data in Access that is part of OFFICE-95. When
>trying to open this, I get message 'cannot open file
>made with previous version'.
>I tried converting the .mdb file to ACCESS ver in MS
>OFFICE 2000. When trying to open the .mdb file message
>is ' unrecognised file format'
>I'm using MI prof. ver 4.5
>
>Anybody got a solution for this ?
>Thanks in advance
>
>Tigi

!!! See our new Mapping Server under http://www.mapserver.ch !!!!
############      Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind Regards
############       Flavio Hendry- mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
############         TYDAC AG - http://www.tydac.ch
####    ####        Geographic Information Solutions
####    ####         Buristrasse 23 -- CH-3006 Bern
############   Tel +41 (0)31 368 0180 - Fax +41 (0)31 368 1860