Thank you Brad.  Yes we did find it was a permissions issue on the server.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Mathews [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2000 4:42 PM
To: 'Carillon, Mike'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: MI VB6.0, MapProfessional 6.0 and OLE

Mike,

Here are some things to look at.

1. What user is your service running as? Is it the system account or another
user? If it is another user, that user may not have permissons, such as take
ownership of other objects, set correctly. Or it may not have access to the
directories that Mapinfo is running on?

2. Have you changed any of your DCOM settings in dcomcnfg.exe? Mapinfo may
be set to run on another machine or set to run as a certain user. Most of
the times I have encountered this error was when instantiating DCOM objects
across the network.

3. There may be some security differences between SP5 and SP6a. I have never
used SP6a but have run into similar problems with earlier SPs.

4. There is something else to check, but I can't remember what it is.
Hopefully this will launch you in the right direction.

Good luck,
Brad Mathews
Technical Director
VISTAinfo Property Disclosure, e-risk.com
a division of VISTA Information Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq VINF)
(408) 261-6450x206
(408) 261-6454 (fax)