Good day all,

I have the feeling this may have been on the List before:

Is there an easy way to have Mapinfo tell me what the length of a piece of polyline is, say by clicking on beginning and end point of the required stretch.

In my case it is to place distances along portions of road. Preferably I would like the program to return a number with, say, one decimal (or none, at the user's discretion). Ideally I would then enter these distances in a separate column and have the road portions 'labelled' by their lengths. The problem is how to get the distances easily and accurately.

Is there a routine that can achieve this?

from: andré boessenkool
CABEX Consult AEC,
po box 101 - vlottenburg 7604
south africa