Hi List

I recently upgraded from MapX3.5.1 to MapX4.0. and then upgraded to 4.01
from the net. My problem is the geodictionary. My application needs to
creates a point layer from a MDB table using a mapinfo table as
reference layer. both the data & map files are in sub directory -
'Data'.

In MapX3.5, I used to copy geodict.dct file to appl. path  & set the
geodict path from the geodictionary manager. it works fine, creating
point layer

When I try the same in ver 4.01 to create the pnt layer using bindlayer,
I get a error - 'The specified reference layer is not installed in the
geodictionary'. I tried copying geodict.dct file in my appl. path;
setting the new geodict path from geodictionary manager & registering
the map file, but get the same error.   Any suggestion ......

I don't have much idea abt the settings of the geodictionary. The online
help is not very clear. I would be glad if anyone can explain me abt
setting the geodictionary w.r.t having more than one mapx appl. in one
standalone system wherein each application have data & maps in their
respective sub directories & all the appl. use bindlayer method for
creating point layers.

Thanks in advance

Kumar