From: Martin, Christopher (WSA Telford) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 22 August 2000 10:59
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: MI: Using Accessing Excel Files

I'm a bit rusty on MI Pro, and I'm having a minor problem, which I think
you more regular users should easily be able to help me with.

I'm trying to show some colleagues the basics of MI, and they have some
appropriate data in an Excel file that they thought would be a good
starting point.

Though creaking a bit, I've got them in and up & running, but I've hit a
minor problem; they're accessing the excel sheet directly, but cannot
edit the data. In my day you didn't have all this Office integration
stuff, and you have to import the data. Why does it claim the layer is
read-only (it isn't at OS level...), and more importantly, how do I give
them the right access to it?

Thanks...

Chris Martin
GIS Consultant