Like many others that aren't afraid to comment to Mapinfo-L, I too like the openness of the mailing list the way it is.  True I want to learn all the tricks I can, but being a GIS consultant and developer, it is important for me to know anything and everything about GIS related issues.  I don't work for a company that only uses one mapping software.  I spend enough time reading MapInfo-L mail without having to be on 10 mailing lists to stay abreast as to things in the GIS industry.  I want comparative arguments.

Another thing I like is that there is at least one person at MapInfo that reads comments and actually participants by responding to cries of help and is not afraid to speak up.  You can tell he is more related to the technical side of the business and customer satisfaction.  I just wish some of the others at MapInfo would participate, even if they just hear what faithful users have to say.  The more satisfied the users, the larger the user base and market.  That is the way to bring in more revenue.

I have had the same problem with GIS Day activities... very little MapInfo support.  I plan to actively participation this year.  Everyone needs to be a little brash and do something to educate people, especially the youth.  Gis Day is the perfect way to do it.

I encourage everyone to keep up the good work.