David Thibault wrote:
> Is there any way to translate the HMR format photo to the TAB format without
> loosing the rotation factor previously applied.

Hi David!
That depends on what you are trying to do. I'm a bit puzzled when you
say you need to rotate the orthophotos. Normal cartographic practice is
to have true north 'up' and orthophotos are no exception.
If your orthos differ I regret to tell you that the raster engine of
MapInfo cannot alter the row/column structure of the image file, but
must display it pixel by pixel.
By calculating transformation parameters on the control points for the
raster file, MapInfo is able to fit the display of vector data as well
as possible to the raster image. Since an orthophoto is a cartographic
representation, this is not a big deal, but be aware that even an
unrectified aerial photo may be used with very good results. At least if
your area of interest lies in the center area of the photo.
Not much help so far.
If you need to rotate your orthos, you can do that with any image
handling software. Try to figure out the degree of rotation and use a
software (eg photoshop,paint shop) where the rotation can be entered
numerically.

HTH Mats.E