Hi Kurt and Gregory

> >I have a "txt" file with over 300,000 records (One Record per line) in

I do not think Excel can accept that many records.
We use Access to import huge TXT files instead of Excel.
Then it can be re-imported into MapInfo.

> If your entire text file is set up the same way as your example, a quick
> and dirty solution could be to open the text file in Excel, a dialog box
> will open and you can set the column divisions and cell settings for the
> columns in there (I tried it with your example and it was very
> straightforward with no need to adjust the column width, only giving the
> cells character settings).

Regards,
         Hiko
Kazuhiko Yamashita
Division of Environment & Marine, Kokusai Kogyo co. ltd
3-6-3 Hakataeki-higashi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812-0013 Japan
Phone: +81-92-431-7277 FAX: +81-92-431-7275